Skip to main content

The poor man's faith

With not a penny more to spare,
He pondered over the day's affairs.
Four pairs of eyes look up to him with care,
"We'll manage", he says as he dodges their stares.

A man of great character he truly is-
Honest, loving, kindhearted and generous;
To any man he'd give without hesitation.
He'd even borrow to lend whatever the situation!

To see another's sorrow he could not bear
His wealth, love and care he'd freely share.
And he would expect nothing in return, even if he's in need,
"You're too generous", they'd compain & they were right, indeed.

For when to this man fate decided to be unkind -
He was laden with troubles that crushed his heart and mind
Not one of those he brought to shore was standing there,
To comfort or help him; he stood with both hands bare.

Many around stood laughing at his misfortune,
His enemies, he knew, had a hand in his misery.
And although he carried his burden with such bravery,
It hurt him that the good he did, did nothing to change his fortune.

When I saw how helpless he was, I turned to my God Almighty
How was it that He chose to ignore the right this man did in his life?
How did He let it come to this? To save this man was not my God mighty?
I knew I questioned Him unwisely and pleaded with God to end his strife.

To this day I believe that the Almighty will work marvels for him
To those who laugh at him , I say, "You underestimate my God's strength!"
For kindness, mercy and generosity are virtues pleasing to Him
And I will see this poor man's faith rewarded at great length.

-Sheens

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ugly duckling

I think I've always been fascinated by the ugly duckling story and somewhere deep down I was sure that people will see the swan in me some day....although I had, rather still have no clue hows its going to manifest itself. For the major part of my life it never bothered me that I was ugly. I was still better than most at a lot of things, academics, dramatics, art, singing and various other activities ( well clearly I always got the chance to showcase my efforts at all these and therefore I think I'm good at them :P ) and since I had so many talents why do I need to bother with beauty - it's only skin deep right? But I guess whatever said and done I'm still a woman and it is every woman's secret wish to be that beautiful swan someday that would find her prince charming and live a happily ever story (if ever there was one! ). Or have a guy that's absolutely adores you just 'cause you are beautiful and charming and blah blah! So when a friend of mine s

How do you know he/she is the ONE???

Many people are baffled by the idea of "arranged marriages". "How do you know he/she is the one from a couple of meetings you've had?", they ask me. 'Mirror mirror on the wall who is my knight in shinning armour????  How am I supposed to know???  I'm still human last time I checked!! That's when you wish some kind of magic existed in this world. Or time travel was actually possible - so you could take a sneak peek and see the "ONE" who is destined to bring you happiness, fulfillment and every other emotion, words associated with marriage bring. Anyway here's my thought. I think everyone has some idea of what his/her partner should be like. ( This is a pre- requisite for people who are thinking of arranged marriages, in case ur thinking WTF!!) If its any consolation.......you have to meet a few people before you decide he or she is the one for you. Why???? Well I think, everytime you meet a person, you learn something new about

Meeting with Mr. IIMA - part 4

" Dad's not worried, he's ok...", I said, "he was telling me you would ask a lot of questions and stuff.."   I was terribly restless by now. 'That's it I can't be bothered. I can't take it anymore!', I thought to myself....... "And he told me to discuss the future and what my plans are", I said.  Its amazing how you can just say things like that but I think that was limit of my patience. " So any more questions?", I asked him. "Questions?.."he laughed, "....this is not an interview". YES I KNOW!!! But I cant take it anymore and I'm dying to get out!!! "Okie so I've told you about my job, future, kids (imagine discussing that with a total stranger!!).....oh and cooking!!!", I said, ignoring the little voice inside me saying Sheens enough is enough, behave yourself.  "Ok if there's a table of food out here..", I said, gesturing to the table in front of us, "...I