Skip to main content

Meeting with Mr.IIMA - part 2

Yea so like I was saying, I was sitting there and watching my parents leave to give us the 'few minutes of conversation'....and hoping they would come back soon, because it didn't make sense sitting there when your pretty sure you didn't want to talk....But manners teach you to be nice...

And so as I looked on, my mom turned and wished me best of luck and that made me smile!! She can be quite adorable sometimes..... and I look back at Mr. IIMA who was watching me quite keenly( you know the look on Tom's face when he gets Jerry alone?) and I thought 'Wow I'm a lab specimen now'!! Although I found that weird, I smiled and said, 'Well I dunno wot to say" and shrugged my shoulders TWICE! 'Ok why am I getting nervous?', I thought to myself. It isn't like me to get nervous because I  have two brothers and I have no issues with being around guys.

And he was like, " Hold on, I'll sit next to you" and came to sit on the sofa near mine. In his defense, if he dint do that we'd be both screaming our lungs out at each other, because we were seated quite far away from each other. Anyway that's when it totally hit me that this is so not working... After a while, I made a mistake of asking him, " So what is it exactly that you do?" I thought it would help with the conversation flow and we would get to know each other better. I dunno if it was that particular question or the fact that I actually had the nerve to ask him that ticked him off so much. "You don't know?" he asked. BLINK BLINK...I looked at him with the "well I do have some idea" expression. Anyway he went on to tell me about his work and stuff and after a while of chatting, even as I felt sorry for him, I couldn't help it....I found myself so distracted. He was being real nice and trying to strike up a conversation and I was trying to look at him while he spoke, but just couldn't do so for some weird reason....

'Wow that pianist is playing really well!! ', 'Hmm...the interiors of this place is really nice,' 'The capsule elevator is just at the right spot overlooking area where we were seated...must be a beautiful view from up there' .... oh shoot! Sheens get back!! listen to him..... 'So how do you like Dubai?' I asked him, awkward moments later. "Yea its nice.....something something.....".(Honestly  I dont remember what his reply was to that). "How do you like Singapore?', he asked in his turn.

I wasn't comfortable with the way things were going and I dint give a damn! I was restraining myself for so long being my nice self, but I just couldn't sit there! And normally I would just apologize and say,"Look, I'm sorry I don't think this is working...I hope you don't mind me saying this but I'm not comfortable and you aren't exactly the kind of person I had in mind for a husband. I really hope you find someone soon. I'm sorry if I've offended you by my words or actions." and DISAPPEAR!! ( If you had a choice of selecting who you were going to meet I don't think it would be called an 'arranged marriage') So yea, if you could say that it wouldn't be so bad.... I think honesty is the best policy! But no! you don't say something like that with arranged marriages. And by the way this is my one and only experience so far... So excuse my ignorance of the procedures...but looking back I feel I should have just done that.

"Ah Singapore! I think its a mix of India and Dubai", I said, " India in terms of the nature and greenery and Dubai in terms of the infrastructure. I like the way the two co-exist". " Oh that's funny, that's what I keep saying about Dubai - its a mix of Singapore and India." he said. "Hmm and you couldn't tell me this when I asked you what you thought of Dubai......... ok Sheens let it be....be nice!" I thought and smiled at him.

"So where did you stay in Singapore?" he asked. " Near Hort Park", I said and as I looked at him, I realized he dint know the place, "Alexandra Arch?", I asked and seeing he was still confused, "Alexandra road?", I said and I saw the light bulb in his head switch on! Again in his defense, not many people who are residents of Singapore know the place, including some cab drivers, and I have no clue why. So it didn't matter.

"Blah blah ......blah blah", I said. "Blah blah .....blah blah," He said..."Blah blah ......blah blah", I said. "Blah blah .....blah blah," He said... we looked at each other and smiled. "Gosh when is this going to end?", I kept thinking. And you know the best part, I was saying stupid silly things and he was actually paying attention!!! I hated myself for doing it...I've always made it a point never to be rude to anyone, and here I was, doing just that!! We were still talking when his phone rang.......
.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you know he/she is the ONE???

Many people are baffled by the idea of "arranged marriages". "How do you know he/she is the one from a couple of meetings you've had?", they ask me. 'Mirror mirror on the wall who is my knight in shinning armour????  How am I supposed to know???  I'm still human last time I checked!! That's when you wish some kind of magic existed in this world. Or time travel was actually possible - so you could take a sneak peek and see the "ONE" who is destined to bring you happiness, fulfillment and every other emotion, words associated with marriage bring. Anyway here's my thought. I think everyone has some idea of what his/her partner should be like. ( This is a pre- requisite for people who are thinking of arranged marriages, in case ur thinking WTF!!) If its any consolation.......you have to meet a few people before you decide he or she is the one for you. Why???? Well I think, everytime you meet a person, you learn something new about

The ugly duckling

I think I've always been fascinated by the ugly duckling story and somewhere deep down I was sure that people will see the swan in me some day....although I had, rather still have no clue hows its going to manifest itself. For the major part of my life it never bothered me that I was ugly. I was still better than most at a lot of things, academics, dramatics, art, singing and various other activities ( well clearly I always got the chance to showcase my efforts at all these and therefore I think I'm good at them :P ) and since I had so many talents why do I need to bother with beauty - it's only skin deep right? But I guess whatever said and done I'm still a woman and it is every woman's secret wish to be that beautiful swan someday that would find her prince charming and live a happily ever story (if ever there was one! ). Or have a guy that's absolutely adores you just 'cause you are beautiful and charming and blah blah! So when a friend of mine s

Meeting with Mr. IIMA - part 4

" Dad's not worried, he's ok...", I said, "he was telling me you would ask a lot of questions and stuff.."   I was terribly restless by now. 'That's it I can't be bothered. I can't take it anymore!', I thought to myself....... "And he told me to discuss the future and what my plans are", I said.  Its amazing how you can just say things like that but I think that was limit of my patience. " So any more questions?", I asked him. "Questions?.."he laughed, "....this is not an interview". YES I KNOW!!! But I cant take it anymore and I'm dying to get out!!! "Okie so I've told you about my job, future, kids (imagine discussing that with a total stranger!!).....oh and cooking!!!", I said, ignoring the little voice inside me saying Sheens enough is enough, behave yourself.  "Ok if there's a table of food out here..", I said, gesturing to the table in front of us, "...I